ptFlex with DRA, Assembled
ptFlex assembled with DRA818V transmitter.
Variant price modifier:
Salesprice with discount
The ptFlex is a second-generation APRS tracking system, designed for high altitude ballooning, and other applications where size, power considerations, and interoperability is important. The ptFlex with DRA includes a 500mW transmitter module frequency agile across the entire 2m band.
Included with the ptFlex:
- Integrated UBlox GPS module and antenna
- BMP-180 temperature sensor and barometric pressure sensor
- 500mW transmitter module, frequency agile from 144.000MHz to 148.000MHz.
- Battery voltage sensing
- Piezo element for audio annunciation
- Qwiic connector to interface with other I2C sensors.
There are only a few extra components needed to put the tracking system on the air. These are:
- 5V TTL-level serial cable for configuring the settings
- ptConfiguration tool (a free download)
- A battery pack with a 2.1mm barrel connector capable of 7-12VDC (a two-cell Lipo battery works perfectly)
- An antenna tuned to operate at in the 2 meter band.
For more information about the ArduinoTrack system, see the Project: Traveler project page and read the ArduinoTrack Instruction Manual.
Note: A valid amateur radio (Ham) radio licensed is required for operation of this tracker.